If the pandemic proved anything, it’s that a vibrant online presence isn’t optional. Here’s your chance to take yours to the next level.
On Tuesday, Meta kicks off a new online and in-person events series, dubbed Small Business Studios. The virtual hub, running through October, offers webinars and workshops to support and provide guidance on creativity for small businesses, including best practices for using Meta’s free tools and services.
Also kicking off this week is a separate, free, in-person event series, offering high-level tutorials and one-on-one training sessions. The two-day event series, in which Inc. is a media partner, starts at Detroit’s Garden Theater on Wednesday, July 20. Guests will include executives from Meta, along with branding experts and successful local business owners.
Meta says the new initiative was inspired by a program it held last year called the Good Ideas Exchange. At the event, Meta, Vimeo, and Adobe executives came together with entrepreneurs to discuss their major pain points.
With the goal of helping businesses overcome those pain points, each Small Business Studios event is expected to host the following workshops.
- Build Your Brand workshop: Offering branding guidance to small businesses for using Facebook and Instagram. The workshop is expected to focus on how to think about the customer mindset, and build copy and creativity when generating a post.
- Reels School: Learn hot to create reels, or short videos, that might engage audiences. During the session, Meta says small businesses will be able to unlock native creative tools to create successful Instagram posts.
- Photography virtual workshop: An expert will explain how to make low-cost and low-lift images to ensure products are showing up at their best on mobile devices and in marketing.
- One-on-one support: Small business owners can also sign up for live, one-on-one support for issues they are having with their business accounts, or technical questions that they could use help with.
Here is the full in-person event line up for Small Business Studios.
- July 20-21: Detroit. Location: The Garden Theater. Register for the event here.
- August 3-4: Columbus, Ohio. Location: The Vue. Registration opens on July 14.
- September 21-22: Kansas City, Missouri. Location: The Abbott. Registration opens on August 21.
- September 28-29: Austin. Location: The Distribution Hall. Registration opens on September 2.
- October 12-13: San Diego. Location: Bldg 177. Registration opens on September 16.